We’re making this last post from Seattle’s airport as we
wait to board our flights. Could get
really, really sad right now, but we decided to finish with the same smiles
that have accompanied us over the past 12 days with a Top 10+ list after the
last blog.
From Portland, we moved on up to the Olympic Peninsula and
stayed at Lake Crescent Lodge. What can
we say…more fantastic scenery, some hiking and ONE of us jumped in the water
(again). Coolest thing was star gazing
out on the pier, although it didn’t get really dark until after 10:30
p.m.! That was yesterday. Today, we took
a 13-mile ride on the ferry into Seattle.
We checked out downtown and the waterfront before devouring some chowder
at Pike’s Place Chowder. The clam
chowder and seafood bisque won best in category in the Rhode Island
competition. More sight-seeing and
soaking in this area and finished off with a dee-lish dinner at a “fisherman to
table” restaurant (octopus, oysters, Alaskan albacore-seared rare, Chilean scallops and apple glazed pork). Over dinner, we made a list of some of our
favorite quotes from the trip, and we decided to share a few here…
Some of the most common sayings on the MVWCRT…
1. “Dayum! Dayum!” (aka damn, damn)—often said by Debbie to Eric when he’s testing the fates on top of a high cliff
2. “Mom, I love you but please turn over… you’re snoring again…”
1. “Dayum! Dayum!” (aka damn, damn)—often said by Debbie to Eric when he’s testing the fates on top of a high cliff
2. “Mom, I love you but please turn over… you’re snoring again…”
3. “I’m going on a diet when we get home” (said by everyone after every meal)
4. “Hold up, Debbie… Don’t run over those hippies again!” (this seriously happened more than once…)
5. “Do they have martinis here?” “I wish I had a box fan” (said by Michael everywhere)
6. “If I’m not back in two hours, call the park rangers” (said by Eric almost every day)
7. “This hill is a four-stopper” (said by Mom in gauging the number of stops needed to make it up the San Francisco hills)
8. “I could totally live here” (said by Michael & Eric in San Francisco, Portland and Seattle)
9. “Wait, guys. I need to grab my bathing suit” (said by Eric before ANY excursion)
10. “I need a tissue. Don’t worry, guys. It’s just my allergies. I’m not sick.” (said by Eric before everyone else got sick from his “allergies”)
11. “I need to work on the blog tonight… Do we have service here (often asked when in the middle of an isolated national park)” (said by Mom every single night in order to assure we were being faithful to any fans/followers)
Overall, our expectations were exceeded and our bonds strengthened. We shared many laughs, magical moments and runny noises. We are all looking forward to our sequel, whenever and wherever that may be.
No comments:
Post a Comment